For over 25 years, the Geoanalysis series of conferences have met a worldwide demand for an international conference devoted specifically to developments in analytical geochemistry and their application, supporting the professional needs of those involved in the analysis of geological and environmental materials.
The philosophy of Geoanalysis conferences is to provide an intimate gathering of 100-200 delegates with an all-inclusive programme of scientific and cultural activities, with accommodation situated close to the conference centre so that opportunities for networking are maximised.
The International Association of Geoanalysts (IAG) is the primary supporter of the Geoanalysis conferences, which are held every three years. From the beginning, Geoanalysis conferences have encouraged the participation of younger scientists by offering bursaries and providing low cost accommodation.
Geoanalysis conferences are a key forum for the exchange of knowledge in such fields as:
- Quality assurance and best practice in analytical geochemistry
- Improved in situ analytical methods
- Development of new reference materials
- Analysis of environmental samples
- Determination of measurement uncertainty
- New applications of isotope analyses
- Sampling strategies for geochemical exploration
Group photo of 2015 Geoanalysis conference attendees taken during the trip to the traditional southern Austrian restaurant Buschenschrank, where the conference dinner was held, Photo: K Stocker